We all love to write. That’s why we’re a part of Write Tribe! But many of us love to read too. In fact, we encourage you to read. We’re firm believers in what Stephen King says: “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” It’s surprising that despite our love of books, we’ve never had a Reading Challenge here. It’s never too late to start, isn’t it? So here you go. The Write Tribe Reading Challenge 2019!
The Write Tribe Reading Challenge 2019
Quite simply, the reading challenge has 3 parts = Committing to read a minimum of 24 books in 2019 + Reading a minimum of 12 books based on the prompts given below + Reviewing one book a month.
You do not have to be a blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, LibraryThing, BookLikes, etc., so as long as you have a dedicated shelf for the Write Tribe Reading Challenge 2019 and your profile is not private. The point of linking up is to have a place where people can see what you’re reading.
For the challenge you commit to a minimum of 24 books. But we don’t stop you from going beyond that number! Our reading levels go as follows:
- 24 books – you’re a Book Lover
- 36 books – you’re a Book Worm
- 48 books – you’re a Book Geek
- 60 books and above – you’re a Book Nerd
Choose books to respond to any 12 of these reading prompts to complete the challenge :
- A book that is a Translation
- A book written by a Female author
- A book written by someone of a different nationality/color/ethnic group than you
- A book from the Man Booker Prize long-list (any year)
- A book from WWII time period
- A retelling of your favorite fairytale/classic
- A book featuring a hobby
- A book with a name in the title
- A book with orange cover
- A book set in a country that you visited/want to visit
- A book that was a gift
- A book with an animal in the title/cover
- A classic which you’ve never read
- A book your mom loves
- A book recommended by a celebrity
- A book on crime-solving
- A memoir
- A book with four words in title
- A book written by an author who is new to you
- A book which is a 2019 release
- A book made into a movie
- A book that has a mythical/imaginary creature
- A book you bought just because of its cover/a book with a beautiful cover
- A drama/poetry book
Review one book a month on your blog/ on Goodreads/ Amazon and link in to the monthly link up on the Write Tribe blog.
Get the Challenge buttonGrab the Write Tribe Reading Challenge 2019 button and post it on your blog’s sidebar. It will let your blog readers know that you have joined the challenge.
Join us on Goodreads
To enable us to interact better about the books we’re reading and to share opinions and offer suggestions, we’ve created the Write Tribe Reading Challenge group on Goodreads. You don’t have to join, but we’d love to have you there. Please request to join.
Sign Up Here
Please include your name & the name of your blog (e.g. Vinay @ArtofLeo.com) with the direct URL link to your blog post or dedicated shelf (on Goodreads/LibraryThing/BookLikes). Any links to a blog’s home page or main profile will be deleted.Inlinkz Link Party