And just like that, August is here! We have featured loads of festivals, holidays and fun days for the month of August including blog post and social media post ideas. Hopefully, you are ready to start your content planning and scheduling for the month. Wishing you a fruitful and productive month!
Let’s dig right into it.
31 August Post Ideas
- August 1 is Spiderman Day. Yes, you heard that right! If you are a Spiderman fanatic, it is time to show-off you spidey sense!
- August 1 is also Respect your Parents Day. What would we be without them! Dedicate a post to your parents.
- We hope you’ve signed for our monthly bloghop Words Matter (Aug 2 to Aug 4).
- International Beer Day is on August 2nd. Do you have a recipe that uses Beer? Or write down some ways to celebrate this day.
- August 3 is Watermelon Day! Share some recipes with watermelon. Or a quick tip on how to slice watermelons without making it a mess!
- Write a letter to your best friend. It is, after all, Friendship Day on August 4. How about picking up your phone and giving a call to that friend with whom you’ve chatted for long. Write about it.
- August 6 marks the 74th anniversary of the day when an atomic bomb was dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima. Do a discussion post on anti-war and and anti-nuclear terrorism.
- August 8 is International Cat Day. Show us the pictures of your most beloved pet.
- It’s National Book Lover’s Day on August 9. You know what to do. Do a blog post on all things books and share across various social media channels with the hashtag #NationalBookLoversDay
- August 11-12 is Eid Al-Adha or Bakrid. Share a blog post on the importance of this day. You can also do a round up post on Bakrid recipes.
- August 12 is International Youth Day. Write a blog post on the challenges that the youth of our country faces. Use the hashtag #InternationalYouthDay across social media.
- August 12 is also World Elephant Day. Write a blog post dedicated to the preservation of this intelligent animal.
- It is back-to-school time too! Write a list of essentials, lunch box ideas or back-to-school roundup.
- Have you made something from YouTube or Pinterest? Share it with us!
- August 15 and it is the 73rd Indian Independence Day! Write about the India of your Dreams!
- August 15 is also Raksha Bandhan. As India celebrates the bond between brothers and sisters, write a post dedicated to your sibling.
- August 17 is World Honeybee Day. Write an awareness post on the importance and contributions of honey bees to the environment.
- Write a blog post on your favourite Disney movies.
- Play a random song from your playlist. Does it remind you of anyone or anything in particular?
- What’s your opinion on Instagram removing ‘Likes’ from posts?
- August 21 is Senior Citizen’s Day. Write a blog post saying thanks and also listing the helpful things you can do to help our senior citizens.
- August 22 is celebrated as Madras Day. Dedicate a post to this amazing city, now known as Chennai, the capital of the Indian State Tamil Nadu.
- 10 favorite quotes to get through your day.
- 24th August is celebrated as Janmashtami in India. Write a blog post on how you celebrate Lord Krishna’s birthday and show us in pictures the recipes you make and the local festivities.
- Do a ‘(number) by (age number)’ post.
- August 26 is International Dog Day. Share pics of your pooch or dedicate a fun post to them!
- August 27 is Just Because Day. Every day you do things because you are required to or expected to. Celebrate today by doing something you love. Just Because!
- It is time for a makeover! To your room, blog or yourself! Share it with the world.
- Your August Book/Makeup/Shopping Haul.
- Dear ______, I ______
- Write a post about the 10 things you are proud you did this month.
That’s all folks! We hope this list of ideas helps! What is your favourite August Blog Prompt? Pop back and leave a link to your blog post if you are writing from the list.
What an awesome list this is Shalini! I didn’t know or never heard of many of these days. Now with so many events cramming August, if I still can’t come up with ideas to blog, then tough luck!
This is a great list, Shalini. I didn’t know many of the days in this list. You know, you could also add for August 3rd it’s Vinitha’s birthday, write a post on how awesome she is. 😀 😀
Hey, what you mean by number by age number post?
Vinitha recently posted…Some Blogging Fun #MondayMusings
Thanks for this list Shalini!!!
There are a few I would love to work on. 🙂
Our babies ‘day is here too!