We are in the last and final quarter of 2019 and we hope you are finding these monthly blog post ideas helpful. We also hope that you are using these prompts for your content planning for the month using a blog planner or a simple spreadsheet. Today we’re sharing 31 October Blog post ideas. October is a perfect time for blogging and it is often referred to as Blogtober because bloggers around the globe choose to blog every day for the month. Don’t go hunting for blog post ideas anywhere else. We have got you covered!
Here are 31 October Blog Post Ideas
- We are going to start the month with a bang. Because October 1 is observed for many fun themes. October 1 is International Coffee Day. It is high time you weave a post around your favourite beverage.
- Vegetarians rejoice! October 1 is also World Vegetarian Day. Do a roundup post of your favourite vegetarian dishes. Or prepare a complete vegetarian meal today and flaunt it on Instagram. Blog about it.
- October 2 is observed as Gandhi Jayanti in India. It is Our Father of the Nation’s birth anniversary and it is also one of the three national holidays of the country. Celebrated as Non-Violence Day across the world, many events are conducted. Write a blog post on how you celebrated this day.
- October 3 honors technology professional by observing Techies Day. Do a good deed today by helping your parents with some cool gadget information. Teach them something new and watch them being really proud of themselves. Here’s a blog post idea: How to Explain Tech to Your Parents in Five Easy Steps.
- Happy World Smile Day to you! It is October 4 and you list down the things that make you smile. Additionally, blog about how you can do your bit to bring a smile on someone’s face today.
- October 4,5,6 is when a bunch of bloggers come together for the #WordsMatter BlogHop. Make sure you read us. The prompt for this edition is ‘It’s not that time of the year without…’
- October 7, 2019 is World Architecture Day. It falls on the first Monday of October. Do a photo blog post on some of the fine architectural marvels you’ve visited.
- Navratri is being celebrated with fervour and festivity all over the country. It’s the final three days. Blog about the significance of all the nine days of Durga Pooja.
- What are some of the customs that you follow during Navratri? Do a roundup of Navratri Vrat recipes.
- Make a difference today. It is World Mental Health Day on October 10. Reach out to that friend who seems aloof. Write a blog post to raise awareness of mental health issues.
- October 11 is International Day of the Girl Child. The theme for this year is ‘Empowering Girls’. Write a blog post spreading awareness on saving girl child and creating a safe and healthy environment for them.
- You’’ have a hard time escaping the color pink this month. October is considered Breast Cancer Awareness month. Share a personal story or do a pink OOTD on your social media channels.
- It is also the season of apple picking! Share your favourite recipes with apple. Do a roundup post. Yummilicious!
- Write a blog post on some books you like to read this fall.
- October 15 is observed as International Day of Rural Women. Write a post on your thoughts and how you can do your bit in their empowerment.
- October 16 is World Food Day observed as a day of action dedicated to tackling global hunger. Are there any events or workshops conducted at your place for this day? Share some ideas for the wastage of food.
- October 18 is observed as World Menopause Day. Write a blog post spreading awareness on midlife women’s health.
- Curate a photo essay of your pets. Make use of that brilliant fall light.
- Write a post on some exercise tips. It’s time to get fit before we head into the slower, less-active winter months.
- Interview your favourite blogger and inspire your readers and upcoming bloggers.
- Write a list of your favourite shows on Amazon Prime or Netflix.
- Wordless Wednesday or Monday Musings?
- Share your tips on creating a stunning Pinterest image.
- Do you have a fall bucket list? Share it. Talk about why you love Fall (or hate it?)
- Write a How-To post: Carve the pumpkin, maybe? Write some safety tips too.
- Share some Fall Fashion must-haves?
- October 27 is Diwali. Share some home décor ideas for this festive season.
- Share some festive makeup and hairstyle.
- Show and tell! What’s in your travel bag.
- October 31 is Halloween. Share some Halloween recipes.
- Share some scary stories or favorite horror movies.
Perhaps you’d like to undertake the Ultimate Blog Challenge in October.
That’s all for now. As always, do tag us in your blog posts if you plan to write on any of the prompts mentioned here. We’d love to read.
What a great list of prompts for this month to really get everyone thinking and writing!
It is amazing to know there are so many days in October dedicated to one or the other cause. And this list is quite extensive. There is one blog idea on the list which has been on my mind for a long time. It is to interview my blogger friends but the never-ceasing trouble is to come up with the right questions. Also, it gives me the idea of what will become of this world if I start giving/blogging fashion and hairstyling tips. But then who said I have to seriously serious about it 😀 😀
Anamika Agnihotri recently posted…The old saying goes… #BookBytes 9
Some excellent ideas! I’ve noted a couple in my blog planner.
Modern Gypsy recently posted…The Mindful Break 2019
The Frangipani Creative
Glad you liked them, MG. Shalini does a great job of compiling these.
The Frangipani Creative recently posted…6 Books That Encourage Teens To Eat Healthy
Some brilliant ideas and I hope to write about 11th October being World mental health day 🙂
carol hannah recently posted…Poor standards discovered at mental health units
The Frangipani Creative
Glad you like them, Carol. Thanks for stopping by.
The Frangipani Creative recently posted…31 October Blog Post Ideas